Community Finance (Ireland) are an all island Social Lender who provide both Bridging & Term Loan finance to the Not for Profit/Charity/Third Sector.
We are in existence nearly 20 years and have approved circa €100m into this sector during this time.
If any sub aqua clubs, or other not for profit exhibitors are interested in hearing more about the type of financial support we can provide, please visit Rose Hally at the Community Finance (Ireland) stand at the Dive Ireland exhibition.
The main points to note about Community Finance (Ireland) CLG
- Volunteer Led, Provider of Social Finance exclusively to the Community Based Sector across the Republic of Ireland
- Part of the Ulster Community Investment Trust Group which has, since 2001, committed some €90 million into Communities across the entire island, North and South.
- 2016 – €2.9m approved loans to 30 organisations
- 2017 – €9m approved loans to 70 organisations
- 2018 – €7.3m approved loans to 65 organisations
- Governed by Volunteer Directors elected from our Membership Base. Whilst loan holders are NOT obliged to become members of the group, membership is open to all individuals and organisations interested in purchasing a Share in UCIT – Shares do not pay a dividend and are fully redeemable at any time. A registered Charity (CHY NO. 13926), all profits reinvested for onward lending.
- Currently availing of access to some €70 million for further lending to the sector
- Amounts vary between €30k and €500k – Current Interest Rates being charged typically 6%** (see below explaining ‘sheltered’ rate of 6%)
- Not affiliated with any Bank or Government Department – Independent Community owned Organisation
- Bridging Loans are available to facilitate the drawing of retrospective Grants, such as Rural Development Programme, SEAI, and Sports Capital funding
- Term Loans are available up to a maximum 15 years (20 years for Social Housing).
- Whilst Security (by way of legal charges on property) may be applicable to Term Loans in some instances, repayment capacity is of ultimate importance, and unsecured lending is a feature of lending within our sector.
- Where repayment capacity is determined, Community Finance is available for a range of purposes e.g. Debt Refinancing, Property Acquisition, and Capital Upgrades
- Applicants will have an appointed Executive deal with them from the point of Enquiry/Application to ultimate drawdown of funds.
How is our support different?
- Community Finance (Ireland) DO NOT CHARGE ARRANGEMENT FEES
- There are NO PENALTIES for Lump Sum Repayments or Early Redemption
- There is a legal fee payable. This relates to Governance documents being verified by our Solicitors confirming groups are properly constituted and hold the necessary powers to accept loan offer/ borrow/pledge assets. The charge is a tiered relative to amount and complexity of the loan. For a CLG borrowing less than €75,000 there is a flat fee of €350+VAT+Outlay payable by the applicant on acceptance of offer letter.
- There are NO PERSONAL GUARANTEES applicable to the loans.
- Interest Rate Changes WILL NOT AFFECT the monthly repayment amount.