Thanks to everyone who is able to give some time at the Dive Show March 7 & 8 in the Radisson Blu Limerick. It is very important to have many volunteers on site to help out with various jobs.
We are still taking names for volunteers – please join this WhatsApp Group for the Dive Show Weekend https://chat.whatsapp.com/HZdGHAFxB53Jc21zQQK9rw
We are hoping to make a profit from the event, but in order to maximize this opportunity we need everyone to pitch in and help sell raffle tickets and entry tickets on the weekend.
It is also very important that we make all the exhibitors (especially the ones that have paid for stands) to feel welcome and that we value their participation. We need them to want to come back next year in 2021!
If you couldn’t make the meeting on Monday evening then this is what you missed;
- The dive show opens on Saturday morning at 9am in the lobby. Please come out to the lobby and gather for a short speech by CMAS TC President Flemming Holm.
- Collect your bright yellow Crew T-Shirt at the front desk and wear it proudly all weekend please.
- Admission is 15 Euro for the Weekend. There will be Red Wrist Bands for 2 day tickets.
- There is a one day ticket for 10 euro. These will be available on Saturday only – and are Orange wristbands. (There should be no Orange wristbands on Sunday!).
- All the exhibitors will be wearing Blue wristbands – their entry is included in their stand price.
- Past CFT Presidents get entry for free, look for their medals!
- Kids under 16 accompanied by paying adult are free entry.
- There is a iZettle electronic payment machine a cashbox (and an ATM) onsite.
- Any complaints or problems please direct the person to either John Breen or Dr. Tom.
There are 4 Raffles happening at the Dive Show.
- There is a 10euro Raffle ticket available for sale before the show and on Saturday only. This raffle will be for a Dry Suit worth 1100 euro donated by OThree. We are hoping to sell 200 tickets. The draw is Saturday evening.
- There is a Club Raffle for various prizes donated to the Clubs for 5 euro a strip. These tickets are for sale on Saturday and Sunday and the draw is Sunday after the show is over.
- There is a Free raffle ticket given by Roots Red Sea for a dive holiday. The ticket is given to anyone that buys a Dive Show entry ticket and must be brought to the Roots Red Sea stand in order to be entered into the Raffle.
- There is a Free raffle ticket available at Scuba Dive West stand and Shane Gray will handle this by signing up people directly for a dive holiday to El Hierro.
Some information from Martin Kiely for volunteers helping with the Speaker Rooms:
- IT person needed for rooms to help with Laptop or Projector problems. Use WhatsApp if help needed.
- Please give Speakers a reminder towards the end of session 10 mins, 5 mins left etc.
- At the start ask the audience to put all mobile phones on silent and remind fire exits and bathroom etc.
- There needs to be time between sessions for changeover of the audience and the speakers.
- There will be spare projector/laptops available, ask Martin.
Setting up the Dive Show and takedown information:
- Please contact Ciaran Enright if you can help with setting up the traders stands on Friday.
- We will need volunteers to help on Sunday evening with getting traders packed up and ready for heading home.
- Last year we met in the bar after the show was over for a drink and to relax!
If you havent volunteered yet for anything on the weekend, please make your self know on the WhatsApp group above. Check out this link for the volunteer Rota if you need to change the time you volunteered for: https://www.dropbox.com/s/djqkris03hz0kha/ROTA%202020.xlsx?dl=0
Thanks everyone. See you at the Show!